Who We Are
Results & Resources
Barros v. Bette & Cring, LLC.
Glenn A. Kaminska
In a Labor Law action to recover for bodily injuries where the injured plaintiff fell on an elevated surface from which he was removing snow, the firm was successful in obtaining an affirmance of the Supreme Court order that granted our client's motions for summary judgment.
The Appellate Division, Third Department, found that the plaintiff's claims under Labor Law Section 200 and under the common law were properly dismissed as the defendants did not have any supervisory control over the plaintiff's work. Moreover, the risk was readily observable and an inherent hazard in the work being performed, i.e. snow removal. The record reflected that plaintiff was directed to perform snow removal by his supervisor and that snow removal was a regular function of the employer, as evidences by the shovels maintained and the fact that the snow removal was addressed at the employer's safety meetings. The Third Department also found that dismissal of plaintiff's claims under Labor Law Section 241(6) was appropriate, as there can be no liability where the injury is caused by an integral part of the work being performed. Liability does not attach where the injury is caused by the very condition the plaintiff was charged with removing.
Newman v. RCPI Landmark Properties, et al.
Oldakowski v. Homestead Farm Estate, LLC., et al.
Tran v. Pool World, Inc., et al.
Chiapetta v. Bethpage UFSD
Barros v. Bette & Cring, LLC.
White v. Angela Boyd and James Russell
Dickerson Noel v. Oberman
Fernandez v. New England Motor Freight, Inc., et al.
Torres v. Verizon New York, Inc. and Empire City Subway, et al.
Ramirez v. Watts
Muha v. Fast Signs, et al.
Patrick J. Cooney obtains a defense verdict in an overcrowding case
Steven Zecca obtained summary judgment in a nightclub assualt case
• Sturkey v. 1824 Park Avenue LLP.
Teamwork Insulates ADM Client from $12 million Exposure
• Riverpointe Apartments v. MiddleSex Insurance Company
• Maureen Casey obtained a defense verdict in a slip and fall case.
• ADM Vacates "Binding" Arbitration Award Against Client
• ADM's William J. Mitchell Wins Dismissal of All Personal Injury Claims Against Our Retail Client
• ADM's Brian J. Donnelly Wins Defense Verdict for Client on Premises Liability Case
• ADM's Sean Hutchinson Prevails on Summary Judgment Motion in Personal Injury Matter
• ADM Settles Out of Hudson Yards Tunnel Construction Project Breach of Contract Action Against Our Client
• ADM's Angelo Bongiorno Settles Personal Injury Case
• ADM Prevails on Appeal of Negligence Verdict Against Our Client
• Steven D. Zecca Obtains Summary Judgment in New York City Sidewalk Case
• Lisa Pigeon Obtains Summary Judgment in a Premises Liability Case
• Lisa M. Pigeon Prevails at Traverse Hearing, Resulting in Dismissal of Claims Against Our Client
• ADM's Steve Zecca Wins on Workers' Comp Defense
• ADM's William J. Mitchell Wins on Petition to Permanently Stay Arbitration
• ADM's Thomas A. Montiglio Jr. Obtains Defense Verdict in Supreme Court, Nassau County
• ADM's Kevin Murtagh Receives Defense Verdict
• Samuel M. Goffinet Earns Dismissal in Property Damage Case
• ADM's Timothy Tuttle Obtains Dismissal in Case Involving Claims of Defective Automobile Maintenance
• ADM's Steve Zecca Obtains Defense Verdict in Construction Accident Case
• ADM's Neil Palmieri Obtains Defense Verdict in Boiler Accident Case
• ADM Partners Vincent S. Ambrosino, Nicholas M. Cardascia, and Glenn A. Kaminska Combine Efforts for Favorable Jury Verdict
• Brian Donnelly and Daniel Winter Obtain Defense Verdict in Premises Liability Case
• Steven Zecca and Michael J. Lezamiz Obtained Summary Judgment in a Dram Shop Case
• ADM's Jennifer Casey Wins Summary Judgment in the Eastern District of New York
• ADM's William J. Mitchell Wins Motion to Dismiss in Supreme Court, Suffolk County
• Thomas Colameo Obtains Defense Verdict in Supreme Court, Kings County
• Patrick J. Pickett Obtains Defense Verdict in Supreme Court, Albany County in Snow/Ice Trip & Fall Case
• Jury Returns Defense Verdict for ADM's Pat Pickett
• Frederick Soller Obtains Defense Verdict in Motor Vehicle Accident Case Venued in Supreme Court, Kings County