Who We Are
Results & Resources
Chiapetta v. Bethpage UFSD
Ahmuty, Demers & McManus represented the Bethpage UFSD in a jury trial in Supreme Court, Nassau County. Plaintiff was a 6th grade middle school student running a lap around the football field as part of her gym class at the JFK Middle School when she claims that she stepped in a depression in the grass. The claims were negligent supervision by the gym teacher and failure to maintain the grass so that it was level.
Other than from photographs plaintiff was never able to describe where the depression was located. The nurse's accident report indicated that the accident occurred at the rear of the school building and not on the field. We argued to the jury that the accident did not happen where it was claimed and that even if it did the depression in the grass was insignificant and was the type of condition that we all navigate everyday.
The jury rendered a unanimous verdict that the School District was not negligent.
Newman v. RCPI Landmark Properties, et al.
Oldakowski v. Homestead Farm Estate, LLC., et al.
Tran v. Pool World, Inc., et al.
Chiapetta v. Bethpage UFSD
Barros v. Bette & Cring, LLC.
White v. Angela Boyd and James Russell
Dickerson Noel v. Oberman
Fernandez v. New England Motor Freight, Inc., et al.
Torres v. Verizon New York, Inc. and Empire City Subway, et al.
Ramirez v. Watts
Muha v. Fast Signs, et al.
Patrick J. Cooney obtains a defense verdict in an overcrowding case
Steven Zecca obtained summary judgment in a nightclub assualt case
• Sturkey v. 1824 Park Avenue LLP.
Teamwork Insulates ADM Client from $12 million Exposure
• Riverpointe Apartments v. MiddleSex Insurance Company
• Maureen Casey obtained a defense verdict in a slip and fall case.
• ADM Vacates "Binding" Arbitration Award Against Client
• ADM's William J. Mitchell Wins Dismissal of All Personal Injury Claims Against Our Retail Client
• ADM's Brian J. Donnelly Wins Defense Verdict for Client on Premises Liability Case
• ADM's Sean Hutchinson Prevails on Summary Judgment Motion in Personal Injury Matter
• ADM Settles Out of Hudson Yards Tunnel Construction Project Breach of Contract Action Against Our Client
• ADM's Angelo Bongiorno Settles Personal Injury Case
• ADM Prevails on Appeal of Negligence Verdict Against Our Client
• Steven D. Zecca Obtains Summary Judgment in New York City Sidewalk Case
• Lisa Pigeon Obtains Summary Judgment in a Premises Liability Case
• Lisa M. Pigeon Prevails at Traverse Hearing, Resulting in Dismissal of Claims Against Our Client
• ADM's Steve Zecca Wins on Workers' Comp Defense
• ADM's William J. Mitchell Wins on Petition to Permanently Stay Arbitration
• ADM's Thomas A. Montiglio Jr. Obtains Defense Verdict in Supreme Court, Nassau County
• ADM's Kevin Murtagh Receives Defense Verdict
• Samuel M. Goffinet Earns Dismissal in Property Damage Case